Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Freedom

Driving one night, I saw a sign on a building that said Freedom Clinic.  It was a handwritten sign, posted on a barred up run-down building.   Caught my attention, and I could not believe my eyes.  Didn;t look like freedom at all to me... looked like a prison.... and I vowed to come back and take a photo because I did not have my camera with me then.

But how important is taking pictures of oddities like that?  Not very, uunless of course you are making it a hobby or something like that.... anyhow, I forgot, until I started this new hobby... and we were driving past.  I made it a point to get a photo of that place. 

It has a new sign now , "Patriot Clinic." The Freedom Clinic one had more UMPH! 

The home made signs for this place were, and are amazing.  Even this photo has an open sign, (hand writtens...It read, Now Open."   but they are, at the time of this photo, closed.   


 I understand the bars... it is a clinic and there are lawbreakers around, but the visual of it all was just ironic...

The Patriot Clinic... is now what teh sign reads instead.  Just the same, I do not thinnk that this is exactly the kind of freedom our founding Father's had in mind when they established the United States of America.....


FREEDOM...



I now have two in my curious collection!




Seriously.. this is not what freedom is meant to look like.  It looks like this when you live in a society that rejects the laws of God, one where people will steal and harm others for their own personal gain.

Not a high tech clinic here, not very large... maybe the last vestige of true freedom left...

You know,
making your own signs... one person helping another out of sheer goodwill, expecting nothing in return.   Bortherly love.  Love of fellow man and country...some call it patriotism.

We can still see the bars on the windows ....still visible, not invisble... use to be indivisable... but now some are outside looking in and some are inside looking out....

Wondering what exactly happened to create a wall.

Bars.... lines of separation....
not stealth electronic surveillance, satellite security systems.... where once they hung but stars.

What a different world we would live in if we could just do what is right,
be sorry for our sin, and love .... love even the perfect laws of God.  But we through them out of schools and courtrooms, tamble them underneath our feet and instead,we put up walls and barriers... thinking we are free....

How dumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment