Monday, March 22, 2010

Vamoose Moose

Had a visitor today.  This visitor did not come to my house, but came visiting at a house I was at.  It was a moose and it was quite exciting. 

This is one of the things I love about living in the Great Northwest... seeing wildlife... and remembering that there is more life on earth than the cities men and women build... the life we are used to and accustomed to.  There is a whole world created by God, and that is very cool indeed. 

Here he is right by my car!

Moose are big... and potentially dangerous due to their size and their lack of intimidation.  They say if you see a moose it' s just like seeing other wildlife... raccoons, deer, squirrels, they live here too and the best thing to do is leave them alone, go the other way and if you have to you can even run.. even hide behind a tree.


I had to be careful going out to my car before I left, knowing that I could startle or upset the moose... upsetting a moose is not something you want to ever do. I can tell you, this sighting made for a very exciting wildlife day!  They seem like docile friendly creatures, but they really are wild things.  You certainly do not want to try to per them or upset them, and whatever you do, do not.. do not... no never never even think to, give the moose a muffin... cuz if you do.....


(The result is a little like, only larger than, what happens when you give a mouse a cookie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment