Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day Star

 



I went for a walk at sunrise this morning and took this picture of the sun on the horizon.  I have been thinking.... God's mercy is like the dawning of a new day... only God's day is a day of joy and hope, peace and love....and his mercy is new every morning.

Isn't the sunrise beautiful?

It is hard to believe that soon it's glorious light will fill the whole sky and warm the earth; give us light.  It is afternoon now, as I write this.


I am still in awe of God's mercy and grace.  I smile with great happiness to think that we, me and Nate,  escaped injury in my car.  To me it was amazing.  But even more amazing is that David is alive and recovering well.  Today is a resting day for David.  As one would expect, he is in a lot of pain.... and they are planning a big day for him tomorrow. 

He still has a long road ahead... one day at a time.  I just want to write that in my mind, David, healing and getting better,  is more miraculous than me coming out of the car ordeal uncathed. I am in a bit of what I call "Shock and Awe," which I believe to perhaps be a little bit  like experiencing the Shikinah glory of God.

I am so blessed to know God is with us,that he came and lived and died to make everything a new.... and until then, we will ust keep on living.. one day at a time...
by the grace of God and his love for us, no doubt.


I remember looking at the sunrise....and thinking of a bible passage in 1 Peter Chapter 1 about a day star rising in our hearts.  The sun of course was what reminded me of it, kinda like the way Jesus comes into you life through your heart and give you the promise of a new day that lies ahead on the horizon, waiting to unfold before your eyes. 

We are not THERE yet, but it gives us hope and something substantial to believe in, and just as some people were eye witnesses of Jesus Christ on Earth, his birth, his death, the miracles he did, his power and his majestic glory, I am here to say, God answers prayer.

I looked up the verse later; the passage.. Peter the apostle being the author.... reads::

"For we have not followed cleverly devised fables when we  made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty...


 ...For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."....And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day-star arise in your hearts: 

knowing this first, 

that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation...
...for the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: 
but holy men of God spake  
as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

 





 

 





      

3 comments:

  1. Again, your writing touches my soul. Thank you and blessings, prayers and much love to you, my sister,.. my friend.

    tameRa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and yes, please tell George "hello and many prayers to you brother", from James :)

    ReplyDelete