Tuesday, August 17, 2010

More Crochet

My first most recent crochet project was this turtle.  Well actually I had made a cat. a doll and an iguana-don, but I didn't photograph them.  This turtle was the next project after that, designed to carry an iguana don around in it's shell.  T?his, if you didn't notice yet, is a red eared slider.. a smiley one.






 I am the type of person who likes to do something when I am doing nothing... so crochet works for me.  After seeing the last doll, a friend of mine asked me to make her a doll so I did.  Then I was having so much fun making things that I made more dolls. So here are some I made:

This one is Maryjo.... seen below with a pocketful of promises.










This one,Sandy.
:She is a ballet dancer, posed here with a bag of special messages, promises too.  It's obviously her dance bag.






She is kinda reminds me of my moo was a small Italian woman with black hair and dark eyes, petite build.  This doll was also  inspired by Ma-re-ah....(that is, Maria)  who wants a doll, but wants one who is wearing something besides a dress. I was experimenting here.  IT ended up that I put a big bow on her backside which made me thing she was a southern bell type of personality.


Here she is doing a dance on my pillow.  What ballet position is that anyhow?









Then there is this one.... Christy.







Christy and Maryjo are good friends!

Off they go....
dilly-dallying around somewhere together....
probably shopping....

No comments:

Post a Comment