Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Cat Story


Here are our four kittens.  They are mostly feral, quite curious and like to be cats.
 

This one has six toes on each front paw.

One day, I got a grand idea to amuse the kittens, which at this time were living on the back patio, unable to go in the yard, with  a new toy.  I thought they should have some little toy mice to play with.... a "boredom blaster" kind of thing.  George took me to the local store and we found a package of  three little furry play mice... pink.


The kittens liked them.  They had fun.
They nibbled them, tossed them in the air and carried them around a bit
I was glad I had made the kittens happy.
But, the mother cat had ideas of her own.









I actually woke up one morning to find three real .... quite dead... furry little long tailed mice outside my door!  THREE!  Needless to say, it was a sight to see.  She had replaced my ,(obviously repulsive to her feline sensibilities,)furry pink fake mice.... with the real deal.

When I took the above picture, the other two dead things had already been taken away and chewed on by the kittens. 



 Mother cat made it very clear that she knew better than the human being, (me) at least when it came to the subject of mice.  Mine were a petty substitute for the real cat essentials.

Such is life on a farm.










Mother knows best!

No comments:

Post a Comment